Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gray Matter by David Levy, MD

Tyndale Media recently sent me an Advance Reader Copy of this book.  I found it fascinating.  Dr. Levy talks about how he started to pray with his patients and the results that he saw from this.  I believe in the power of prayer, and it is wonderful to see a book that tries to portray the wonderful things that can happen with prayer.  We learn about many patients that Dr. Levy has treated and how he has helped their lives.  He doesn't only treat the physical problems of the patients, but he also tries to treat the emotional and spiritual problems as well.  I like that he talks about the surgerys that don't work as well as the surgerys that do.  He shares the struggles that he has and the conclusions that he comes to when things don't work out as expected.  I also found the descriptions of the problems that he treated very interesting.  He keeps it at a low enough level that anyone can follow along.  All in all, I thought that it was a very interesting, insightful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment