Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Deposit Slip by Todd M. Johnson

I received a complementary copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers.  Erin Larson's father has died.  When she is going through his things she finds a deposit slip for ten million dollars.  A deposit that the bank says never happened.  Jared Neaton is trying to make it on his own.  He has left the fancy law firm that he started out and is working alone now.  He is given a chance to take Erin's case.  The case is based in his hometown.  He has been avoiding the place since his father betrayed him years ago.  I enjoyed this book.  The characters were interesting, the story was fun.  The story unravels slowly, and the author has a few surprises up his sleeve.   The relationships were interesting as well.  I had a hard time understanding the motives for most of the characters in the book.  I felt that these could have been laid out better.  Why was Jared willing to risk everything to take on the case?  Also, I had a hard time accepting that Jared walked away and let a man die.  I would give this book 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment