Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Century Turns: New Hopes, New Fears by William J. Bennett

I was very excited to discover the booksneeze program. The first book that I received was A Century Turns: New Hopes, New Fears by William J. Bennett. I must admit that it took me awhile to get into the book. I started it a while ago, and ended up putting it down after the first 10 pages. The next time that I picked it up I was able to really get into the book. I found it very informative, and also quite enjoyable. It covers the years 1988-2008. I really enjoyed how it spelled out the things that happened in that time period and how they affected the politics of the day. The author had a lot of personal experiences to include. I remembered a lot of the things that happened, but I didn't always understand how they fit together, or what the significance of the event was. This book was very helpful in that regard. I felt that it was a fairly straightforward, unbiased view of the events that took place over the last 20 years. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wanted to brush up on what has happened, and the significance of those events.

No comments:

Post a Comment